Pages

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

69/365

Sat, March 13:

I worked!! For the first time in 7 years, I worked. It was only for 3-1/2 hours. But I made $10/hr to help out a friend with her wedding dress alteration. I answered the phone. I instructed the brides and bridesmaids to enter the changing area. I hung the dresses into bags. I put away jewelry they had tried on. I got veils down and even helped most of them get their shoes on (that was a little weird). But, I had a great time. My kids were in the house playing with my friends kids (her store is in the remodeled garage). She so knows what she is doing. She picked the most beautiful earrings to go with the dress. She discussed how to lace up a corset like dress. I'm in awe that she gets to work with such beautiful dresses. It's like playing dress up everyday. The smiles on the brides faces are priceless.

I am going to be helping her out 2 Saturdays a month and a few days a week come summer. It's great because the kids can hang out and I make just enough to pay for my addiction to starbucks!

http://www.rightcelebrity.com/wp-content/photos/celebrity_wedding_dress_.jpg 
(image credit)

2 comments: