Pages

Monday, February 1, 2010

31/365

Sunday, January 31st:

It's Sunday. The day of rest. Ha! Not for this family. My sister-in-law, J, and I are working on completing our 10 days of Hot Yoga. We meet at the studio at 9:15 for a 10am 90 minute power yoga class. We get there early so that we can get a spot by the back door. The instuctor opens these doors (occassionally) to cool the room back down. The cold breeze feels fantastice. But, no today!! Our instructor didn't know she could open these doors. J would push her foot against the door and let in a small breeze, but it wasn't enough. Within 10 minutes, even my shoulders were sweating. It was at least 105 in there and the moves required a lot of whole body power movements. I spent much of the last 45 minutes resting on my mat. We were ecstatic to get outside and breath the cold air. We even took a walk down to starbucks afterwards for some morning coffee. We were sweaty and I was bright red in the face, but it was wonderful to know that my workout for the day was complete. Today (Monday) I am sore in places I wasn't sure I had muscles.

Afterwards, we went to our homes and got ready for the day. Then we all headed out and met at the American Legion Park in Everett. I nice little park that overlooks Puget Sound. It was chilly out, but not raining and the kids had a great time playing with their cousins.

Finally, I told you Sunday was not a day of rest, we stopped in Everett to do some quick shopping. The kids got a Zhu Zhu hamster to play with. Our pet one isn't so fun to hold and these ones can take the abuse of a 4 & 5 year old. Miss R really wanted a pink one. Since it's after Christmas, the stores are stocked with them now. They are loving playing with them. We then had to go next door to get our Science Fair project boards. Applications are due Monday and the Science Fair starts Thursday. Miss M and Mr C decided they DO want to enter a project. It will be a hectic few days. Finally, we got some groceries, headed home, made dinner, and the kids headed to bed. Whew!! Now, I do all the internet research for their science projects, print out what they need and spend some time with Miss M making sure she understands what her project is and what her experiment will be for tomorrow. I'm exhausted and ready for bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment