Pages

Saturday, January 30, 2010

28/365

Thursday, January 28:
Am I crazy? Maybe a little. I'm adding to my exercise routine. Diet alone doesn't seem to do anything for me. I have finished 12/20 of my 30 day challenge on the Wii Active. I'm enjoying the routines. Although, I'm working on the easy sets and my workouts are 15 minutes long. But, we all need to start somewhere. On Tuesdays, I've added some jogging and walking for a mile. My goal is to jog 1 mile straight before I add more mileage.

To make things more interesting, I've found someone to be willing to be a glutton for punishment with me. My sister-in-law, J, and I have signed up for Hot Yoga. The special is 10 session (within 1 month) for $10. Tonight we had our first Hot Hatha Yoga class. At first, it was wonderful to be in a warm (105 degree) room. The exercises were easy enough, but as your heartrate increases, the heat intensifies. The last 10 minutes were excrutiating. A lot of moving back and forth from your back to front to perform different poses. It felt wonderful to get outside and breathe the cold air. 
I am proud to say, we finished the class with limited breaks and I drank 100 ounces of water throughout the day. I feel sore in some places and am willing to go back for another class. Sunday will be a 75-90 minute torture session of Hot Power Yoga.
http://profile.ak.fbcdn.net/object3/1832/84/n88829236440_6231.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment