Pages

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

My 1st "random dozen"

"2nd cup of coffee" has this great "random dozen" link up she does every week. This is my first week to participate and I'm looking forward to reading the rest of your responses. Feel free to join in.

And now The Random prompt for this week:

1. Have you ever been so lost that you were really afraid?
I have. I'm sure more than once. When I was 18 I took a drive out of town (Brentwood, CA) and ended up 30 minutes away is South Stockton (not a good area to be at night). It took a little while to get turned around and back on the freeway. Every car or group of kids made me think I would pee a little.

2. Have you ever been to an island?
Several actually. I finally got to go to Hawaii (Maui) in 2007 to watch my brother get married. Plus, I live in Washington and we have the San Juan Islands. I've been to Orcas Island and San Juan Island (Friday Harbor). We've been to Victoria, BC on Vancouver Island. And we've been to the Bahamas, which are beautiful. And the most famous would have to be Manhattan Island and Ellis Island to tour downtown New York and the Statue of Liberty. Wow, I've been to a lot of islands.
 
3. Are you more of a thinker or feeler?
Definitely a thinker. I like to "think" things through. I like to "think" about the ways things might have happened. I like to "think" about how things might be. I like to "think" about where I want to go. I occasionally feel, but my husband has pointed out that I'm a little like a robot and don't show emotions. I guess I'm too busy "thinking" and I'm OK with that.
 
4. Do you tend to see issues or situations in life as black and white or shades of gray?
I would love to says shade of gray, but my first instinct is always black and white. After "thinking" for a while I usually find a shade or two of gray.
 
5. If you were stuck on an island, what book would you hope to have with you (Let's pretend the Bible is already there, so you can't say that.)
Honestly, as a non Bible reader, the Bible might be interesting. But, I would say "Twilight". I know it is not the most stimulating or thought provoking or even the best written, but I love the way this book makes me feel. I feel all mushy and happy and like a teenager in love for the first time again.
 
6. What are you most afraid of?
The death of my children. I have dreams (rarely, but often enough) that one of my kids is dead. I can see them and feel it and it's horrible. I wake up and try to scrub those images from my head. I even wake up crying. I know some of you have been through this and I pray that you have made the best recovery possible. I know I would deal with whatever happens in my life, but this is my biggest fear.
 
7. Would you rather lose all of your old memories or never be able to make new ones?
At this point, I'm thinking I'd rather lose all my old memories. I'm young enough that I have millions of new memories to make. I'm glad this is not something that will happen (that I currently know of).
 
8. Pretend I'm looking at a scrapbook page about you. There are three spaces for you to drop in individual pictures. What are those pictures of, and why did you select them?
a. the day I moved out after high school with me, my Mom, my Dad and my 2 brothers (it's a photo of my whole family and my whole future lying before me).
b.  my family Christmas photo from 2009 (it's a current photo of my whole family now, my husband and 4 kids).
c. a wedding photo of my Mom and Dad high fiving each other after my wedding (they raised an amazing daughter and found a great son-in-law. They were happy and alive).

9. If you were re-doing your wedding, what would you do differently? (If you're single, tell me one thing you would do if you were planning a wedding OR huge party.)
I would have worn regular color nylons (not dark blue for my something blue) and I would have worn my hair down and loose. I think I would have moved my veil behind my head during the ceremony, but I was so nervous...it was nice to have something to hide my face so that I could make it through without crying. I hate having people stare at me.
 
10. Tell me one thing you know/believe about forgiveness.
I know that with an open mind I can forgive any person for any reason. But, I will no longer have an open heart or allow for another digression.
 
11. You're waiting in a doctor's office. What is your favorite way to pass that time?
If I'm alone, I read my book that I'm currently reading. If I'm with the kids, I play a game on my phone or read the magazine from the bottom of the pile of the free magazines you can take home.
 
12. If there were a clone of you in a parallel universe what is one way you hope she/he would be the same as you and one way you hope she/he would be better?
the same - I hope she would be loving and willing to do anything for her friends and family.
better - Be more like the person she is at home and around family when out in public and around friends. 

No comments:

Post a Comment