Pages

Thursday, January 21, 2010

20 & 21/365

20/365

My workout log. It's 8:30 at night and I haven't done my workout yet. So, I head downstairs and turn on the Wii to complete day 9 of my 30 day challenge on Wii Active. I love this program (except the leg strap will not stay where it is supposed to). I can't tell if I'm really into working out, finally, or if the OCD in me has kicked in and I HAVE to finish the 20 workouts before the 30 days. I am pumped to someday see changes. I've resolved to only weigh in once a month. Not seeing the scale move is discouraging. But getting into this habit of exercise is encouraging.

At the end of the 30 day challenge, I'll start over with the "medium" settings. This month is "easy". I need to start somewhere! Tuesday night during the kids soccer clinic, I took it upon myself to go on a walk (it was my Wii Active rest day). I jogged to the front of the high school and found the track. I decided to try my hand at jogging. Man do I have a LONG ways to go. I was sucking air at the end of the straightaway. I walked the corner and then ran the other straightaway. Training for a 5K will be much longer than I thought. I can walk the 5K, no problem, but it will be awhile before I'm jogging it and jogging it in good time. The front of my shins STILL hurt. But, I'm on the path and come summer, maybe, the bathing suit will reemerge from it's hiding place in the closet.

21/365

I was going to make this picture one from tonight of our first "Third Thursdays" Moms night out, but I will have one for tomorrow. Today, the sun is shining. If you know anything about Washington, you know that it is overcast A LOT. The weathermen have multiple ways of saying rain.
1. chance of rain
2. mostly sunny
3. partly cloudy
4. rain at times
5. sun early, rain later
6. spotty showers
7. you get the picture (it cracks me up)
But January, has been kind to us. I'm sitting at my desk in front of a south facing window, pouring blood, paying bills and the sun made it's way across the trees into a perfectly open spot and right into my face and the house. It feels wonderful. I just had to share it with you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment